Saturday, July 18, 2009

Far From Home

I've been living overseas for 10 years now. And I have loved almost every minute of it. I say almost because there are times where all I want is to be closer to home and my family and friends there. I've missed weddings of family and friends, I've missed funerals of family members, I've missed the births of nephews and nieces and the children of my friends, I've missed family celebrations and gatherings with friends. I've missed a lot and I feel missed. But thanks to technology that rules (when it doesn't drool), I am able to at least see pictures, hear voices online and over telephone, occasionally I get to see videos, and I get to see lots of emails and so on. So even though I am far from home and I have been for a long time know, I feel closer than I have ever felt.

No comments: