Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back To School Night

Back to School Night is the night where all the parents are invited to come to the classroom after their children have been in school for a few weeks so that they can see how things are done. Most teachers dread the night because they have been in school all day and then they have to put in extra hours to make presentations and things for parents to take home. I, on the other hand, love this night. I use it as an opportunity to schmooze with the parents. I love to schmooze! I love to talk with parents, connect with them and get to know them as people, not just signatures on a page. I wish everyone looked at it that way, I think we'd have a lot more fun at these events. :) So teachers out there: have fun, put on a smile and get your schmooze on! And for you parents out there: have fun, put on a smile and make your teacher laugh!!

No comments: