Sunday, September 27, 2009

Out and About in DC

I think this is the building for the Environmental Protection Agency. I just really liked the building. It was raining, so you can't quite see the glory of the building, but I hope you can see the beauty of it.

This is the front entrance of the National Museum of American History in the Smithsonian. It is a beautiful building.

The memorial. We walked clear across the Mall to see it. Lyndsay knew just where to go to get this good shot. Hopefully another time, I'll go and see it closer up. I loved being in DC and can't wait to go again.

Another part of the Smithsonian. I believe it was one of the art museums. We didn't go inside this one, I am saving it for another time.

The red castle as it is called. Again, another part of the Smithsonian. There were so many buildings!! I think I'll have to go back several times to see all that I want to see.

The memorial from further back.

The red castle.


A carousel just by the red castle. It made me think of my childhood. I am so glad for things like carousels because children enjoy them still and make memories just as I did as a child. See, even though everything changes, some things remain the same and connect us together.

1 comment:

AprilMay said...

UGH girl! Stab me in the heart...I just booked tickets for Tristan and Lance to go on a 10-day DC/US history tour with his 8th grade class. This was supposed to be MY year to go (Lance went with Trenton 3 years ago) but now I have a baby to take care of.

NO FAIR!!!!!! I will never get to go, sob sob sob.