Sunday, September 27, 2009

National Book Festival in Washington, DC

This is a picture of Judy Blume just before she signed my book. I was so excited to meet her. I waited for over an hour to have her sign my copy of her book Iggie's House. It's my favourite of her books as it addresses civil rights and the development of cross cultural and interracial friendships. It speaks of tolerance and I love that. Meeting her was such a thrill and worth the wait.

The book fair sign. I was just so excited to be there.

Not that you can really read all of this but it is a list of the authors that were there. I really only stood in Judy Blume's line but there were plenty that I wanted to meet... Nicholas Sparks, Paula Deen, David Shannon, Jodi Picoult, and more! What a great event but there are thousands and thousands of people present.

The tents where the authors sat to meet and greet their fans. There were 18 of these tents and then several tents where authors were making presentations to the public. There was a book selling tent as well and I believe there may have been a food tent. PBS also had a tent that was full of activities for kids and they even had book characters dressed up for kids to take photos with. Amazing... I don't think I'd do it again, but it was a blast to go just the once. The whole thing takes place on the mall in Washington, DC. It was a wonderful setting. Too bad it rained that day.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm so jealous - and so happy for you at the same time!