Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not So Far From Home...

Thanksgiving weekend for Canadians was this past weekend. You can check my cooking blog, COOK IT UP, for a show of what I tried to piece together as a meal but this blog is all about teaching and traveling. So I will be posting about 3 posts about that in regards to my Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. My friend, Jen who teaches in NC, came down and we decided to hang out in Norfolk, VA for the weekend. For some reason I am always more at home in a big city or a coastal town. Norfolk (or as pronounced by some of the locals: Naw-fuk), is a pretty cool version of both. It's a city but it isn't disgustingly large (which I do love, by the way), and it is right on the water. It's got it's scarier neighbourhoods and it has the glitzier sections too. We saw it all. I think Naw-fuk will always have a special place in my heart... hehehe Look at the other blogs for pictures of our harbour cruise as well as our trip out to the middle of the waterway.

No comments: