Monday, August 23, 2010

New Friends...

One of the best parts of being international is that your circle of friends is ever expanding. I've come to love and rely on the types of friends that you make overseas. Here in Turkey it is a bit unique because the school I am working in now has each expat teacher paired with a Turkish national teacher for a team teaching experience. I love this because it allows me easier access to the local people, customs and so on. It's also helped to expand my circle of friends that much more. Below are some of the new friends I've had the pleasure to meet so far in my new adventure in Ankara:


Two my new Turkish friends, Gamze and Merve. They are just about the sweetest people that I've met here. They help you with everything, they are kind, generous and beautiful. I am so thankful to count them among my friends here...

The 106(fauxtel) and Main Campus (Merkez Kampus) crew. Our first few days in Turkey were spent bonding on this bus. We had to be shuttled everywhere because we weren't over where the school and most of the teachers are. They are Tim, Christina, Kim, Brennan, Jordan and Charity. I've laughed hard with these folks and they make me smile...

Brennan's long arms come in handy for a photo. He's in there with Charity, Gamze, Merve and I. We always have a good time together.

This was at a dinner that the school took us too, we were a bit spoiled with meals and parties that first week. I'm there with Christina, Tim, Katie, Burcu, Isil and Gamze. I love that it's not just foreigners enjoying each other's company. I've felt very accepted here and happy to be a part of this staff this far. I can't wait to see what the year brings me!!


And there's Edmund and Kim. Edmund wasn't part of our bus group, but he is a new teacher with the rest of us and we seem to have all bonded well as a group. I'm now enjoying getting to know some of the other staff as well.


No comments: