Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Languages

One of the things that I love about living overseas is the languages. I had a teacher in high school who told me that I should study and teach languages and because I didn't like her I never really did. But now I must admit that I LOVE learning new languages. My newest one is Turkish of course. And here in Ankara, you really NEED it to get around, shop and make friends. Fortunately the school I am now working for provides lessons! I had my first lesson today and learned a lot of basics that I got to put to use right away thanks to my new Turkish friends and colleagues. So nice!! I'm really looking forward to studying it more, using it more and gaining some fluency!

2 comments:

Shaun Guthrie said...

What I find funny or maybe not funny but how people can know so many languages at the same time. There are people that know 4,5,10 languages at the same time. I cannot even comprehend that.

AngelaMae said...

I know what you mean Shaun... I envy those people for sure!! I've got bits and pieces of a lot of languages but never applied myself to much fluency and that's gotta change!