Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Update on the Embassy Affair

Okay, so I got an email from my school today and they agree that a 1 year visa makes sense! Phew! Good to know that everyone is reasonable. So I sent out my paperwork and the $150 for the visa to the embassy today. I sent it courier so it should be there in the next day or so and then hopefully they will see that all my little ducks are in a row and expedite the process for the visa. On their website, they list it as taking 6-8 weeks for completion but several other people have assured me that it might take just a couple of weeks. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers focused that I get it back in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your encouragement with the last one!!

2 comments:

Meg Looney said...

So glad to hear it's working out! How easily I have forgotten my Brazilian saga already...a lot of patience, make sure to keep those receipts and soon you'll have the offical doc. Yay!

AngelaMae said...

omg... I forgot how crazy hard it is in Brazil to get a visa.. *sigh* makes me feel better that I'm not the only one!!