Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And it's here!!!

So today my phone (okay, my parent's phone) rang. I was the only one home at the time, so I answered. It went a little some like this:

Me: Hello?

Him: Hello, Angela! (now, how did he know it was me? I mean... shouldn't he have asked to speak to me? Is big brother Turkey already watching me or something? And, yes, I did look around to see if I was being watched) This is the Turkish Consulate calling from Vancouver.

Me: Oh, yes, hello.

Him: Your passport has arrived today and is ready for you to pick up anytime.

Me: Oh! Wow! That was fast! Thank you, do I need to pay anything extra because I already paid for the visa...

Him: Actually, you overpaid! You paid $75 too much!

Me: (in my head... woohoo!!! and fire the call center girl with the bad pricing chart!!) Oh, well that's great! Thank you.

Him: Yes. The money is here in your passport. But you will have to pay me a handling fee of $22.40. (ah ha!! So that's the purpose of the consulate... to give back passports and charge 22.40 do do it!! Mystery solved!)

Me: excellent. I'll be by soon to get it! Thank you!

So I think I will go and pick it up tomorrow or the next day. I am so happy it's here. One step closer to the destination!


No comments: