Thursday, August 20, 2009

So last week , as my few but loyal and lovely readers know, I went to Mexico for a wedding. The picture above is the wedding party. We were asked to run towards the bride and groom (Sophia and Stephen) in this shot. See all that gorgeous sand? What about the crystal clear turquoise blue water? Yes, that was where the actual wedding too place, right on the beach. I think it may be my favourite wedding so far because I was told that I couldn't wear shoes... Instead, I had to scrunch up my toes for the whole ceremony in the soft, cool sand. *sigh* It really doesn't get much better than that folks. Below are a few pictures of Mexico. Since I was there for a wedding and I only knew the bride and groom, I really didn't take a lot of pictures. They would have bored you anyway... shot after shot of palm trees, sand, surf and swimming pools... who wants to see that anyway?! hahaha

Yup... that's me, lounging poolside in my big girl bikini... wore it lots!! Eat your hearts out skinny and fearful women all over the planet! hehehe

View of the resort... I think there are 12 pools in total, 8 for adults and 4 that are shallow enough for the kiddies.

The beach from the Tulum ruins.

Part of the Tulum ruins... my favourite part. The building was gorgeous and even though it is hard to see if from this small pic, there was intricate details in the stone and red ochre hand prints at the top for decorative purposes... they have survived the centuries...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

gorgeous - I'd love to go somewhere tropical again

Shaun Guthrie said...

WOW! Looks like you had some fun. I cannot wait to go somewhere warm again! Thinking maybe spring, who knows!