Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Year in VA

So tomorrow I start back at my school for another school year. Another year of teaching Kindergarten which scares the pee pee out of me even though I've just finished a year and summer school with that age level. I am excited to get back to doing what I love and what I believe I am gifted at doing but it is amazing how much a 5 year old can scare you, especially when faced with 20 of them that you don't know.
Fortunately, I get 2 weeks to organize myself and prepare for the munchkins, who will arrive for class on September 8th. I know that once I am in the room, making lessons plans and preparing things for students to do, I will be fine... but the anticipation is the same every year... fear.
Bet you didn't think a 34 year old would be fearful of another year of teaching in her 11th year in the job. Well, surprise, surprise... I am...

No comments: