Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Break: Paris, France!!!

I know, I know... this post is a LONG time coming... sorry, gang, time just gets away from you sometimes. I also won't be posting ALL the pictures on here because... well... there are just TOO many of them. So here is a tiny taste of what it was like for me...

Everyday was a picnic!! This was the first full day and our host, Nicolas, took Sophia and I out around town and we stopped in this beautiful square (which was the first one ever built in Paris) to enjoy our noon meal... it was wonderful!!! And the park was loaded with people lounging about, eating lunch and soaking up the sun.
This is Nicolas showing us around that first day... so fun and so knowledgeable...

Moulin Rouge!!! hehehe Wish we could have afforded to go to a show there, but they are expensive!!

Self shots aren't always cute... but this one is pretty cute... it's Sophia and I at Versailles... we had such good weather most of the time that we elected to just be outdoors all the time. We only went inside one museum... and that was fine by us for this trip.

See? Why go indoors when you can enjoy this outdoors?!

In front of Versailles palace...

Sophia has a thing for eating FRENCH fries in FRANCE!!! And we both had a thing for enjoying the wine there with most meals... it was chilly this day, but we still sat outside with the heat lamps rather than be indoors...

Yup.... she's gone all Tex-ass on the Eiffel Tower... hehehehe

And this is me going all Asian tourist on it... hahahaha

Our one inside trip was to see L'Orangerie Museum which houses these, the Water Lilies by Monet... my all time favourite paintings.... so that was a must, and LOVE that they let you take flashless photos!!!!

And treat of all treats, I got to see two former students... Olga and Rovie... SO HAPPY to see them... they are beautiful, happy and successful women and it made me so excited to spend an afternoon with them. Blessings!!!

Ah... so NOT Parisian, but it made me SO happy... Dolsot Bimimbap... YUM!!! Korean food is a must for me when I can get it and here I got it and it was PERFECT!! ;)

If you haven't been to Paris yet... GO!! And go in the spring if you can. It really is amazing. It's one of those cities that just blooms and the people are sweet and helpful. At least to us they were... It was also pretty easy to walk around... all roads lead to the Louvre, pretty much and if they don't, just greet a Parisian in French (bonjour, comment ca va?) and then proceed to ask for help. Generally, they are only too happy to lend you a hand. Anyway, I loved it and would encourage anyone to go and see it.

No comments: