Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful





But the radiator is so delightful... I know it should be fire, but let's be real here... there is no fireplace in my lojman, so I am working with what I have. The radiator... and it's pumping out some good warmth and I will take that for sure!!
So there is one more week of school left before the holidays and the kids were so excited because the weatherman said it would snow today, Saturday. All the foreign teachers held onto some hope that it would, but our western ideas of how often weathermen lie had us skeptical at best... and then guess what happened?! It SNOWED!!! So maybe Turkish weathermen are just better... Or maybe the belief of loads of little children helped bring it on, I don't know.
Generally, I am not a snow loving person, but when I came home last night, I was in love with it. It's a pretty heavy snow and so it weighs the branches down (several have broken off the weeping willow near my lojman... scary) and so they look a little magical.


This is the view from my window in my living room... yup... all tree, all snow... all pretty!! ;)

No comments: