Saturday, March 21, 2009

Update on Andrew

Things were going well until about 2 weeks ago. Andrew stopped eating due to huge blisters in his mouth and down his throat (a side effect of the chemo). He has returned to the hospital so I am not working with him at the moment but his mother texts me almost daily with updates and pictures... I hope to post one on here soon. He has lost a lot of weight and is hooked up to all kinds of things but he finds a way to put a smile on his face. I don't know where he finds the strength or courage, but it sure affirms in my mind and heart that God is holding Andrew gently in His hands so that Andrew can smile and joke from time to time. His mom says that he charms all the nurses and keeps them on their toes with his slick remarks and sweet smile.
Today Andrew is getting a blood transfusion because his body isn't producing enough white blood cells. Andrew's mom asked me to pray and to reach out to others to pray, so that is what I am doing... that is the one support I can offer her for sure.



Thanks for reading and for praying. Please feel free to ask others to join you in praying for this also.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THERE IS CERTAINLY POWER IN PRAYER! I WILL CERTAINLY PRAY FOR ANDREW AND HIS FAMILY.. THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER AND POWER IN NUMBERS....