Saturday, March 7, 2009

My First 5 K

So today I ran my first 5 K (3.2 miles) race. I wasn't looking to win anything, just to make it there and finish it. I didn't want to be last, that was for sure. I am new to this running game and I am a slow learner for the most part. But the best thing that I am learning is that I love this and I can push my body much further than I think I can. Today Kelvin ran with me and was a great coach. I am not ready to run the whole thing yet but I am getting closer to that. Kelvin has this neat GPS runner's watch thingy (for lack of a better term) and it tracks your pace, calories, direction, miles etc. When I was walking it was at a 16 minute mile pace... but when I ran, it was at a 11 minute mile pace. So I know that once I begin to run solid, I am going to be a contender!! hahaha. Can't wait for that. Today I finished it in 46 minutes... I was shooting for 45 but the 2 hills killed me!! :) Watch out world, this chubby chick is running now!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm so proud of you!