Friday, March 19, 2010

Sticking Up for Others...

Today I was so proud of my students. While they were out on the playground (doing what kids do when it is sunny out), another student from another class said something a little mean to one of the girls in my class. One of the little boys was incensed about the whole thing. He went up to the offender, pushes him and gives him the business. He literally put his finger in the kid's face, tells him that we don't use mean words and that it is unacceptable... aside from the push, I have NEVER been prouder of a five year old in my life!!!

2 comments:

Beautiful dreamer said...

Mmm Hmmm-taking after their teacher!

AngelaMae said...

I sure hope so... I was so proud of him... I even let him know that while the push wasn't cool I was VERY proud of the way he stuck up for his little friend. I almost burst with pride...