Sunday, June 28, 2009

Shock...

Today I learned that a person I went to school with was shot by the RCMP in my home town during an investigation. It is so shocking to think that you flip open your laptop and see a curious headline about your small hometown and that you actually know the person involved. I am sad that the sleepy little town of Gibsons is changing in this way. It has always been a place where people could feel as though they were nestled into the hillside of a safe, tight knit community. But it seems that things are changing and it is becoming a place where people aren't the same. I know that a shooting here or there doesn't spell the end of an era necessarily, but I find that it is a far cry from the place I went to school. I still love it there and will always consider it home in my heart... but I am saddened and shocked that this happened. I guess the adage that things never stay the same is true... even when you aren't sure you want it to be.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm sorry to hear that Ang. And I can relate, one of the boys shot and killed in Abbotsford at the end of May was the brother of a boy I had taught. It really threw me.