Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"I'll miss you..."

These were the words that I heard the other day from my little student who is in foster care. I was immediately alarmed because the child was supposed to go back with their birth parent until the spring. I asked where they were going and the response was to baby girl's house. Of course this got a chuckle out of me at first but on further investigation, this is the child's other birth parent. It's supposed to just be for the Christmas holiday (which is already breaking the foster parent's heart). However, today we found out from the foster parent that the child may or may not be coming back after the holiday... I am so sad... this child is literally the sunshine of my day, every day... *sigh* I am hoping the child comes back and that they can stay with the foster family, who is INCREDIBLE!!!!!

No comments: