Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blessings and Broken Glass

Ominous title, isn't it? But it really is a summary of what I did today. I was baking part of my dinner in the oven and when I took it out, I put it on a hot electric burner. I have done this multiple times before and nothing happened but I guess the burner was hot enough and the pyrex literally exploded. I was standing about 2 inches from the stove when it happened (you can see where the blessing part of it comes in). The glass shot out for about 7 feet (some of it melting into the carpet and on the kitchen flooring). I was shocked but managed to get all the glass up, swept, vacuumed, and mopped. And I only ended up with a small cut on my finger and a small shard embedded in my heel (and that hurt BAD to pull out). So my Sunday evening ended with broken glass and, more importantly, BLESSINGS!!! I am thankful and sharing this as a lesson: Don't put that pyrex on a hot surface, they aren't as indestructable as previously thought. :)

2 comments:

AprilMay said...

Yay! I'm glad you're blogging again! I'm sorry things aren't great in your current position. Wanna go back overseas with me this summer? LOL! Bring Kelvin!
As for weight, I look like a grotesque, swollen version of my former TaeKwanDo self. I hate the mirror.

Tassie Rachel said...

Adjustment sucks doesn't it? I think I have managed to make the whole process more drawn out by not starting working in a school until being home 7 months. Getting a room mate sounds like a great idea, I am thinking of buying a house that is big enough to allow me to take in a couple of international students, would help my finances, give me some company and since they mostly come from China and Korea, help me feel connected to Asia still.