Monday, April 23, 2012

Ballin' in Ankara

First off, let me start off by saying that I am sorry I'm behind in my blogging.  Life just gets busy and things get laid by the wayside.  It's a bit of a shame but it is what it is.  Anyway, one of the things I've had the pleasure of doing in Ankara that has been busy and kept me from blogging is going to see a live basketball game.  I love the sport (I even poorly coach it at the high school girls level...thank goodness for the real coach who lets me be comic relief and a cheering section all rolled into one) and getting to watch it live is always fun.  Since there aren't as many foreigners here, it's sometimes easier to get to meet the foreign players and to talk to them.  Some of my friends are lucky enough to befriend them and get free tickets to games on a regular basis.  Not too long ago, my friend Trish got some VIP tickets and included me and a couple of others in the fun.  I loved it!!  The sad part is that it's just not that popular here.  The stands were mostly empty. 





We were cheering for the team in white... that was the friends team and they won!  It was a good game, even though some of the ref-ing was pretty terrible. 

No comments: