Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Days

So we have had 2 full days off from school because of the snow storm that landed here in Hampton Roads, and then the students and some employees had another day off today because of the yuck all over the roads still while the teachers and administrative staff were required to go in. I don't understand why we needed to be there, there were no children and we had just come off a week with 3 half days that were primarily work days. I was very much caught up on all required things in my classroom and so I have to say I was annoyed to be forced to go in when we will all still be required to make up for the two missed student days still. Sure, it was nice to have 5 hours to just work in my classroom (a hidden gift for most teachers) but the pure rest would have been a huge blessing too.

No comments: